Thinking of pursuing Engineering? Confused by innumerable choices out there? Don’t know what to expect after graduation? Not sure about the career aspects? This article will help you answer some of these questions about one of the most popular courses, Industrial Engineering (IE). Here are some of the points to help you decide if Industrial engineering is the right course for you –
- Industrial Engineering graduates have career options available in all the sectors, be it manufacturing, healthcare, retail, hardware or technology. Name the sector and you will have job options from Industrial Engineering field.
- Normally IE courses are offered along with the management courses, especially in areas like Analytics, Supply chain Management and logistics. One gets a good insight into business of the company through these courses. IE and management courses complement each other very well making this a perfect course to graduate in for an MBA specializing in marketing, finance or supply chain management, which supplements the technicalities of Industrial Engineering.
- Entire world is talking about Analytics and Big data, Organization across the globe rely on these technologies to make better & important business decisions. This course will help you understand the basics of data analysis. One can even become a data scientist after taking up more professional certifications and extra courses after their Industrial Engineering degree.
- IE field is a little less technical when compared to other engineering fields. Engineers are concerned more with improving the processes rather performing those heavy long coding tasks. This doesn’t mean you won’t be involved in software development or write codes at all but it will be relatively less. In this field, the key is to understand the business. Engineers are expected to reengineer processes resulting in improved efficiency, reduced TATs, increased throughput, improved productivity and safety levels.
- You can pursue many of your interests in corporate field by customizing Industrial Engineering knowledge. Have interest in Data Analysis? Data scientist jobs are an answer for you. Have interest in the manufacturing field? Have your way with jobs in forecasting, production, manufacturing engineering or logistics engineering to name a few. Interested in being paid to travel? Explore client- facing or consulting roles in Industrial Engineering.
Hope this article gave you a little clarity about IE field. Looking for an industrial Engineering College in Haryana? Choosing the right college is the first crucial step towards success in a field, below mentioned are few colleges you can choose to pursue Industrial Engineering from:
- SRM University
- VIT University
- Amity University
- Satya Bhama Engineering College
- Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College
- YMCA Engineering College
- Maharaja Agrasen Engineering College
- Bharti Vidyapeeth
- Sharda University
- Maharaja surajmal institute of technology
Delhi- NCR and Gurgaon regions are major hub for Industrial Engineering industry. There are many companies who offer roles and plenty of opportunities for IE graduates. Make sure to research on industrial Engineering College in Gurgaon and industrial Engineering College in delhi ncr before making your decision.