Btech. Degree in Information Technology in India

Information Technology, commonly referred to as IT, is a relatively new field in the field of engineering but one with immense opportunities. The emergence of computers in each and every aspect of economic activity from small businesses to large multinational companies has resulted in a big boom in the IT industry. IT has enabled data management, social networking, digital marketing, cloud computing, online shopping, software development and many more.

A four year undergraduate degree in IT imparts both theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject to the students. The four year course is divided into eight semesters with each semester having a duration of 6 months. The course content includes information management, web systems, software engineering and computer networking.

Which are the colleges?

Students who wish to pursue a Btech. Degree in IT from an engineering college in Haryana can consider the following list of Information technology Engineering College in Haryana.

  • National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra offers a 4 year undergraduate course in Information Technology. The college has 139 seats per course. This is a premier institute and admission is granted on the basis of the rank obtained in JEE Mains.
  • Manav Rachna University, Faridabad offers a Btech. program in IT. The number of seats available for this course is 60. Admission is granted on the basis of JEE Mains.
  • Maharishi Markandeshwar Engineering College, Ambala offers undergraduate engineering programs in many fields including IT. The college is a part of the Maharishi Markandeshwar Education Trust established in 1995. The college conducts its own entrance examination for admissions.

Apart from the above mentioned colleges, the list of Information technology Engineering College in Haryana also features many government and private engineering colleges located in the interiors of the state. For example, Ch. Devi Lal Memorial Government Engineering College, Sirsa and Hindu Engineering College, Sonipat can also be included the list of Information technology Engineering College in Haryana.

Gurgaon, also called the millennium city, is close to the National Capital of Delhi and is home to many multinational companies. Over the years, the city also has witnessed the establishment of many engineering colleges which attract students from all over the country.

St. Andrews Institute of Technology and Management features in the list of Information technology Engineering College in Gurgaon. The college offers Btech. programs in various engineering streams alongside BBA and BCA degrees. The institute conducts its own entrance examination while JEE score is also taken into account during admissions.

Gurgaon College of Engineering is another premier institution that comes in the list of Information technology Engineering College in Gurgaon. The college offers specialized labs for the students of IT such as PC Lab, Network programming lab, RAD Lab and System and Network Administration Lab. Admission is granted on the basis of JEE ranking.

SGT Institute of Engineering and Technology offers Btech. programs in 7 disciplines including IT. Thus, it is also a part of the list of Information technology Engineering College in Gurgaon. Admissions to 75% of the seats are made by Haryana State Counselling Society while the remaining 25% seats are allotted by the institution.

 

Also know:- Information Technology Engineering Institutes | Information Technology Engineering Schools | Top Information Technology Engineering College | Top Information Technology Engineering College in India | Top Information Technology Engineering College in 2017

Comments

comments